On January 24, 1940, the Oberkommando des Heeres (OKH) issues orders to establish 4./AR 84 as first Batterie of II./AR 84 by February 1, 1940.
The original order 1069/40NARA T311 R204, Frames 1142 – 1144 was issued January 24, 1940. In detail, it specified:
- The new Batterie is to be formed February 1, 1940 with two schwere 24 cm Kanone (t).
- The new battery is overseen by the Commanding Officer of the Artillery School in Zeitz, a training command of I./AR 84 is to be sent to Zeitz, consisting of 2 non-commissioned officers and 4 soldiers.
- Upon completion of the training, the battery is to be relocated to I./AR 84.
- A team is to be sent to Hillersleben on February 7, 1940, where they are needed for the initial firing of their new (third) 24 cm gun.
- The initial supply of ammunition is 30 rounds per gun.
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||NARA T311 R204, Frames 1142 – 1144|